St Florence is located within easy reach of the blue flag beaches of Tenby. Within driving distance are Saundersfoot, Manorbier, Fresh Water, Barafundle Bay and many other beautiful beaches along the Pembrokeshire coastline.
If you like messing about in boats and want to bring yours down with you or are looking to buy one M Jones Marine (owned & run by Jane's brother Matthew) has boat storage facilities as well as servicing & sales. Just visitwww.mjonesmarine.co.uk for more information.
We have 3 golf courses within 7 miles of Elm Grove (2 are within 3 miles):
Close by in Penally you’ll find Trefloyne Golf Course www.trefloyne.com an 18 hole parkland Golf Course, constructed in 1992 and totals nearly 6,700 yds. We have special rates available for guests who wish to play Trefloyne Manor.
Pembrokeshire also boasts the oldest Golf club in Wales at Tenby GolfCourse www.tenbygolf.co.uk, which was founded in 1888, it is a superb 18 hole Championship links course with beautiful sea views just 3 miles from Elm Grove.
Slightly further afield is Haverfordwest Golf Club, Milford Haven Golf Club and South Pembs Golf Club (Pembroke).
Pembrokeshire Coast National Park is the only truly costal National Park in the UK and boasts some of the most spectacular scenery and diverse wildlife and vegetation in Britain. The Pembrokeshire Coastal Path has recently been boted the 3rd best walking route in the world. Click here for more details
The total area of the Park is 240 sq miles (sq 620 km), and the coast line totals 258 miles (416km), giving walkers of all abilities an opportunity to see some truly beautiful and unique scenery.
We have a large database of circular & easy access walks from around Pembrokeshire which can be printed out on request.
Why not join a guided tour group - visit Walk a long way for more information:www.walkalongway.com
Pembrokeshire Paths - sharing the experience of Pembrokeshires great outdoors, through nordial or natural walking tours:www.pembrokeshirepaths.co.uk
St Florence is central to a range of cycle routes (including route 4 of the celtic trail) which run through the county. Cyclists can tour the pretty lanes and visit some of the beautiful villages off the beaten track in this part of Pembrokeshire.http://www.sustrans.org.uk/ncn/map?lat=51.67001462255581&lng=-4.714712641308552&zoom=14&route-type=all-routes&filters=
We have overnight storage areas for bikes if required. The Tour of Pembrokeshire takes place in the county each year and is a challenging event for cyclists.
In the grounds alone guests have spotted 15 different species of bird as well as a growing family of rabbits & squirrels who play among the trees in the orchard, on the lawn and down the drive. We also have a resident badger who you may see bumbling around the lawns at night.
Walks in the local area and slightly further afield afford opportunities to see some of our wildlife up close. Some coastal walks have bird hides along the way.
Dates for this years GUIDED WALKS OF RAMSEY ISLAND: www.thousandislands.co.uk
Historic sites, Museums & National Trust
- Manorbier, Carew, Picton and Pembroke Castle - www.visitpembrokeshire.com/castles
- Tenby walled town including The Tudor Merchant’s House, Tenby Museum & Castle Hill
- Cadw has lots of historal sites throughout the county -www.cadw.wales.gov.uk
- There are a wide range of National Trust properties in Pembrokeshire. Click here for more information
- Caldey Island, just off Tenby is also a must see
- The Pembroke Dock Sunderland Trust www.sunderlandtrust.org.uk
Theme Parks & Activities
There are a number of popular attractions within easy reach:
- Manor House Wildlife Park - just a mile from us - www.manorhousewildlifepark.co.uk
- Heatherton Country Sports Park - just a mile from us- www.heatherton.co.uk
- Oakwood - www.oakwoodthemepark.co.uk
- Folly Farm - www.folly-farm.co.uk
- Celtic Quest Coasteering - www.celticquestcoasteering.com
- Ritec Valley Quad Bikes - www.ritec-valley.co.uk
- Battlefield Live Pembrokeshire - www.battlefieldlivepembrokeshire.co.uk
- Board Games - surfing/paddle boarding etc - http://www.boardgamessurfing.com
Due to our rural location we do not recommend visiting us without a car. The local bus time table is limited (last bus back to St Florence is around 5pm) and you will not be able to see the best of Pembrokeshire without your own transport.